Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Update: Hospital Bag Help

As many of you might remember, I posted several weeks ago about needing help with what to pack in my hospital bag...  


 Thank you so much to all of you who offered suggestions and advice... I know that really you just need a few basic things but I wanted to have everything that I might possibly need (if you know me, you shouldn't be surprised that I am being a little ocd about this ha!) 
Anyways, I thought I would do a little update for those of you who may also need a little help on:
"What in the world do I pack!?"
I took all the advice from my friends on here and on my facebook and made one big list... hope you are ready :) 
{of course you might not think you need all of these things... this is just a list of suggestions in no particular order} :) 

"What in the world do I pack!?"
  • deodorant
  • body wash 
    • (I picked out a new body wash at Bath and Body Works to use at the hospital that way every time I use it after that I will remember those special days :)
  • body lotion 
    • (that matches my body wash)
  • shampoo/conditioner
  • toothpaste/toothbrush
  • hair brush
  • hair dryer
  • curling iron 
  • detangler
  • baby powder
  • chap-stick
  • socks (3 pair)
  • ponytail holders
  • underware (larger ones, full coverage)
  • bras
  • nursing tops
  • nursing gowns
  • clothes for me to wear home 
    • (I have some gauchos that I love from Old Navy- non-maternity- that I love and are soo comfie-- I highly recommend them!; and some comfie tops to wear home)
  • shoes for me to wear home 
  • gown/onesie for baby girl
  • coming home outfit for baby 
    • (I'm taking 2- I hear to be prepared in case she vomits/diaper explodes on one before you leave; someone also told me I might want 2 diff sizes but I'm don't have 2 diff sizes ha)
  • matching hair bows for her coming home outfit
  • my planner
  • cell phone/charger
  • camera/ charger/ card reader
  • flip video
    • (or other video recorder- this one is just so handy and super easy to use!)
  • extra batteries 
    • (I like the lithium ones- they seem to last the longest) for video/cameras
  • books 
    • (someone suggested this but I don't read that much-- I might bring something anyways just in case)
  • names of people to call 
  • list of "must have pics" for the first day
  • snacks 
    • (a friend of mine said she baked muffins and took them to the hospital and she said that she couldn't even describe how great it was to have homemade food there... I might would ask someone to bring those for me after I get there)
  • folder 
    • (I love all things school-supplies haha so this was easy for me!  I picked up a new folder to have to bring all of my hospital doc's home with me so they are organized and thus less likely for me to lose them ha)
  • bedroom shoes
  • exercise ball 
    • (some hospitals might have them but I hear these are great for when you are in labor-- our birthing class even suggested we bring one)
  • Bath and Body wallflower aka plug-in air freshner 
    • (again in a soothing scent-- this idea was from a blog I read- she said it was so nice to be in a room that smelled nice and didn't smell like a hospital.  She said that even all of her nurses loved the idea and gave her lots of compliments-- I chose vanilla lavender mmm!)
  • pillows 
    • (I was told to bring 2 or 3 for me and to have hubby bring his pillows too because apparently pillows are hard to come by in most hospitals)
  • hubby's swimsuit 
    • (so that he can help me in the shower even if the nurses are around)
  • makeup (yes, I plan on using it!)
  • a button down shirt of hub's to wear 
    • (easy to nurse in and way better than a hospital gown)
  • face wipes 
    • (the wal-mart brand is just as good or better than any I have tried... I swear by them!)
  • mints/ Listerine strips 
  • playing cards 
    • (a friend who was stuck in the hospital for 5 days said these saved her life ha)
  • laptop/charger
  • car seat
  • nursing pillow
    • (boppy or my breast friend -- I think I am going with the my breast friend)

Items I didn't include:
  • breast pump
  • nursing supplies (the hospital should provide you with breast pads, etc)
  • pads (again hosp. should provide)
  • ipod docking station (I am just going to use my phone speakers most likely- or the computer)


is there anything that you can think of that I might have somehow missed?! Leave me a comment and let me know and I will keep this list updates! Good luck to all of you and as most of you know, I can't tell you if this was a good list or not year because I still haven't had this sweet girl!!!!! :-P hehe
 

6 comments:

  1. All of the women I have nannied have taken their own towel (prob depends on your hospital & your own love of specific towels), but since it hasn't been me it may not be necessary :) I think you'll be well prepared for miss RG's arrival! Hope she let's you put your bag to the test soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh a towel...that's a good idea! I hadn't thought of that one. THANK YOU for posting this list! SERIOUSLY! Question...where did you get nursing shirts/bras...it's one of the last things I need to get and I just don't know where to go. I don't have a motherhood maternity around me and it makes me nervous to order online. And I LOVE the 2 coming home outfits idea! I have 2 that I'm taking but I didn't think of her getting one messy!!!! Also love the wall-flower idea AND the new lotion/body wash...I'm totally stealing that one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you soooo much for posting this! You have no idea how crazy OCD about lists. I am def. book-marking this. You just made my heart skip a beat. :o)

    We're still praying for you and that sweet girl. I hope tonight is the night!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. you may want to add those nursing pads to your list. I've never heard of a hospital having those for you. Only pads they have are those gigantic ones.....ha! I did bring my own pads. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl, be sure to check out my post tonight. You've been one lucky girl. Sounds like you are all prepared. Looks like a good list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the list, but I agree about the nursing pads. I brought my own and was glad I did. Also I bought these nursing sports type bras from motherhood and they are so much more comfy than regular nursing bras! I am planning on using them again! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers