Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Book Review: The Last Song

{via}

The Last Song, by Nicholas Sparks 

I'm not really sure where to start with this book, so let me start by saying that I LOVED this book! It only took me about 8 months to finish reading it because I kept sitting it down, simply because I did not want it to end! It was that good!  I am really looking forward to seeing the movie (even though I am usually disappointed by the movie after I have read the book). K was going to buy it for me last night but all the Targets near us are sold out.  I guess that could be a good sign.  Out of all of the N.Sparks books I have read, this one is one of my favorites! Amazon rates it 4.5 stars out of 5!
Like in most of his books, Nicholas Sparks uses the first few chapters of this book to introduce a lot of the characters and set the rest of the book up.  In my opinion the first few chapters took a while to get through but once I got past that this book was such an easy read for me. 

Here is the description of this book:
Seventeen year old Veronica "Ronnie" Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alientated from her parents, especially her father...until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie's father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church.
The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story of love on many levels--first love, love between parents and children -- that demonstrates, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that love can break our hearts...and heal them.

If you love MUSIC, you will love this book.
If you love THE BEACH, you will love this book.
If you love FAMILY, you will love this book.
If you love FRIENDS, you will love this book.
If you love SUSPENSE, you will love this book.

and last, but NOT least...

If you love ROMANCE, you will LOVE this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers